Polaris401(k): A Total 401(k) Solution
For small- to medium-sized businesses
Polaris401(k) offers owners of small to medium-sized business everything you need in a single, cost-effective package that includes leading recordkeeping and administrative services, valuable trust services, simplified plan administration and employer services and education, tools and services for employees.
Can your business compete with the retirement benefits offered by larger companies?
- A wide array of investment choices for diversification
- Protection during down markets
- Control over retirement income
To keep your business growing, you need to attract and retain the most important of resources—good people. To achieve that these days, one of the most important benefits you can offer is a solid retirement plan. Employees can benefit from a 401(k) because:
- They do not pay federal income taxes and most state income taxes on contributions until they take distributions—typically at retirement
- They may reduce their current taxable income when they contribute to the program
A 401(k) plan has benefits for the employer as well:
- 401(k) plans provide you and key employees a smart tax-efficient way to save for retirement
- A 401(k) provides a popular, respected benefit that attracts the high-quality employees you need and fosters their commitment to you and your business
- 401(k) plans boost employee morale through optional employer contribution or profit-sharing arrangements
- Companies that offer 401(k) programs are more competitive, enjoy tax benefits, and help employees prepare for one of the most important times in their lives—retirement
Polaris401(k), funded by a group variable annuity issued by American General Life Insurance Company, is designed to offer the powerful combination of growth and protection opportunities you and your employees need to save for retirement.1 It offers you strength, experience, and staying power for the long term.
Five essential 401(k) strategies to help ensure a successful retirement:
1. Opportunity to maximize growth potential through investing in a diversified mix of stock and bond investments
2. Help lower risk through diversification across a wide range of professional money managers and asset classes
3. Allow participants to invest automatically, on a pre-tax basis through payroll deductions
4. The power of tax deferral to help employees accumulate assets faster
5. Help participants protect beneficiaries and future income against major market events— plus, allow them to create a lifetime income in retirement that is tailored to their individual needs
To find out more about the Polaris401(k), ask your financial advisor today!
1 Of course, tax-qualified contracts such as an IRA, 401(k), etc. are tax-deferred regardless of whether or not they are funded with an annuity. However, annuities do provide other features and benefits including, but not limited to, a guaranteed death benefit and income choices, for which a mortality and expense risk fee is charged.
A prospectus for the underlying investment options is available by calling 877-814-401k.The prospectus contains the investment objectives, risks, fees, charges, expenses and other information regarding the underlying funds, which should be considered carefully before investing. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing or sending money. The unallocated group variable annuity funding Polaris 401(k) is an unregistered product without product prospectus.
Participation in Polaris 401(k) is contingent upon the applicant satisfying minimum plan standards and qualifications. This material does not constitute an offer to sell. The group variable annuity funding Polaris401(k) is issued by American General Life Insurance Company. Investment involves financial risk, including possible loss of principal. Investment return and principal value will fluctuate. The contract and/or participant’s account value, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than the original investment. The provisions of the plan may differ from the contract. Should such differences occur, the plan provisions will take precedence. Policy form #AN-940 (9/99).